Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The change is coming...

I finished the Girl Who Played with Fire. Now if I can only get my hands on the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  This is a really good trilogy for the murder mystery/drama/book lovers.  I'm taking a break to catch up on my magazines that have been piling up. With school and all, my subscription to Shape has been on hold. I just finished a edition from last summer! With my subscription, went my motivation, but now I'm gonna try and stick with a program.
Since I'm presently unemployed, there's no extra money for a gym membership. Not that when I was employed I had the time to go to one. So I've decided to read these fitness magazines and rip out any articles I think I can do. I'm not one for stability balls/weights, and I have no treadmill, but there was a good article on excercising using your own body weight. Day one and I couldn't even do a few of the exercises. My goal is to be able to do the 3 circuits of 3 different excercises five times. That's what the article reccomends. I started on Monday and I can barely do 10 reps of each exercise once. Once I can do them well, I'll up the repetition. Trying for a bikini body for this summer....but if not, as long as I'm a bit healthier and stronger, I'm ok with that, too.  And once it gets a little warmer, I've got a bicycle I'm waiting to break in.
I've had several calls regarding jobs, but until this week, nothing has led to an interview. Today, I went on the first and have a second one set up for Friday.  Fingers crossed, it pans out. It's a part time gig at a sandwich shop, but it's during my daughter's school hours so every penny goes to us - no before or after care needed - and best of all, it's close to home.
After testing some product's at the research lab, I got $50 yesterday. It covered the groceries for the week and it makes me feel better that I can contribute. It's been 2 months and I haven't asked my husband for my allowance just yet. If I can just get this job to cover for gas, groceries and a few optionals, I'll be happy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment